Thursday, February 26, 2015

& the award for Best Tour goes to...

ME!!!!!

     Well probably not, but I am proud to say that I, Robin Dunn, gave my first tour of the house and I didn't completely blank out during. It was even the first tour of the day! I'm still proud of myself because I was so nervous. Luckily the couple that I gave the tour to were so nice and were also very interested in the history of the house. All in all, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

     The rest of the week was very busy. On Saturday we had three events, Hunting safety, a Master Gardener lecture and also a lemonade lecture. Since DeBary mansion use to be a hunter retreat and Mr. Fredrick DeBary was an avid hunter himself, it makes sense to have that at the site. The Master Gardener is a great lecture that talks about how to take care of your plants and he comes about four times a month. But the most anticipated lecture was for the Marcia Meara, author of "Swamp Ghost."


This is her first book that she wrote and it's on the St. Johns river. Since Debary is right next to the River, it was a perfect choice. She also has another book called "Wake- Robin Ridge."  I personally haven't read either of the books, but they are on my list of books to read. She had a great crowd show up and everyone really seemed to enjoy the lecture. Since she did have such a great turn out, we are hoping to have her back again soon when her new book " A Boy Named Rabbit" comes out.

On Tuesday it was good as well. I gave my first tour (go me!) and worked on my powerpoint presentation for my own lemonade lecture. I need to do some research on Historical sites during emergencies. I have an outline about what I want to talk about all ready, now it's just actually putting in words. Hopefully my lecture works out just like my tour and goes smoothly.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment