Friday, March 6, 2015

Lets Explore

     This week at DeBary was quite, which is never a bad thing of course. When things are going slow you get to catch up on things that you need to do, which is what I did. I worked on my power point some more for my final project. We only had one tour on Saturday since the weather was not pleasant at all. It was a big group, about 6 so I decided that I would take them to get more experience. They people were great but they did ask questions that I did not know the answer to, such as how many fireplaces are in the house (there is 15 by the way).



     On Saturday morning I got to Debary early again since I wanted to take a trip to Gemini Springs, which is just down the road from the site. It was very quite, not too many people there since it was 8:30 am so most of them were still asleep. The park has not only the springs but also a place that you can fish, trails for walking, and a dob park. I also think people go there to kayak but I can' be positive. Also if you are into camping, they have places that you can set up.


This talks about the Springs a little more 

     The park has two springs and is situated between the town of DeBary and the old town of Enterprise, which was a bustling town back in the day. The 210 acre property was purchased with the combined effort by the County of Volusia, the Trust for Public Lands, the St. Johns River Water Management District, and the Florida Communities Trust in 1994.  There was also some early farming in Gemini Springs in the 1800's that included citrus growing and timber. On the property there is still an old farm house that was believed to be built by John H. Padgett.



      There is no swimming allowed in the springs anymore but that okay, it's still a nice place to just sit and relax and enjoy Florida's beautiful scenery.

Here is the County website to learn more
http://www.volusia.org/services/community-services/parks-recreation-and-culture/parks-and-trails/park-facilities-and-locations/ecological-nature-parks/gemini-springs-park.stml

No comments:

Post a Comment