Saturday, April 25, 2015

That's it folks!

Now I know this blog is late this week, but I was so nervous last night that I couldn't even think about writing my blog. Also, I wanted to include todays events while they are fresh in my head. But before that, lets look back at this week at DeBary!

On Saturday we have two events, Master Gardener and Hunter Safety.  Only one person came for each event so it hasn't very busy in the morning. We had some tours during the day as well and those went very smoothly. All in all Saturday was a good day.

On Tuesday though I was starting to stress about my presentation and completely thought I was going to fail at it miserably and then fail my class. Luckily for me, everyone was telling me I would be fine and that I have nothing to stress about. I finished my power point and was writing out note cards to use just in case I forgot what to say. I also decided to bring along for my lecture was one of the Disaster Relief Kits to show what was inside. I didn't do any tour that day because Dorothy took mine since she saw how much I was stressing about. #Dorothyisthebest

Now comes the big day, the one that I have not been looking forward to since the beginning of my internship; Presentation Day. For me, I don't like to talk in front of people and I started to stutter and then I forget what I am about to say. This presentation I was very nervous about since I was not confident in myself in any way. But I knew I couldn't get out of it so I just had to suck it up and do it. I can now confirm, as I stand (actually sit) that I survived my presentation and I didn't not die like I thought I would. Did I sweat and probably have a red face and stutter? Oh you betcha  but I made it thought and came out as a winner. I talked about how I learned how to give tours and also a little history about the site and then I went into disaster relief at DeBary. Once I started to talk, I calmed down, but only a little bit. I think that it also helped that only 3 people were there; Kayce, Dr. Lindsay, and Amber. If it had been anymore I would have definitely been in worse shape.

I'm really happy that the presentation is over and that I survived. I really didn't know how much I had actually learned until the end of my presentation. I think that I have just enjoyed being on the site and learning that I didn't feel like tired or that it was a chore.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment