Saturday, April 11, 2015

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a...fighter plane?

So this week I decided to do more on discovering DeBary and and went on a little drive. Across from Gemini Springs is a part called DeBary Memorial Park. It's not hard to miss because there is a GIANT fighter plane that you can see from the road, so being the curious George that I am, I went to see why it was there. That's when I found out it was a Memorial Park. Is not big, but there are a lot of trees and some picnic tables that you can sit and eat at.  Later that day we had a wedding, so it was a quiet day for me to work on stuff around the site.
Some of the stuff at the park

On Tuesday I had a tour when I had a lady ask me why the house is called DeBary Hall and not DeBary Mansion. To be honest, I never thought about that and I didn't know the answer. So after the tour I went to Kayce and Amber and asked what the difference between a Hall and a Mansion was. They told me that a Mansion is a large, luxury home while a Hall is a main house on a large piece of land. Amber told me that we actually have a letter from a relative of the DeBarys that tells us the difference between the two and also goes on to correct some people who had some wrong information on the matter of the DeBary family. I don't have a picture right now, but I'll get one of the letter to show you what is says. This is also another great piece of information that I can use in my powerpoint presentation for my lemonade lecture. I'm still working on my presentation and I'm still a little nervous, but not as much. I still have more time to get prepared, but I should probably stop adding more information because if it's too much people will get bored and I might get flustered with so much.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment