Friday, March 13, 2015

Wedding bells

     This week at DeBary was very interesting. I only went on Saturday since I had a emergency to attend back at home. But even though it was only one day it was an exciting day. There was a wedding at the site and it was my first one that I got to experience and learn how to handle it. It was fairly easy since we don't do anything, we just rent out the space.

     DeBary had become very popular for weddings since the rustic barn look is very in. Just go on Pinterest and you'll see. Although they can not get married inside the house, many choose to get married on the front steps of the house. The bride on saturday decided to get married right outside the theater, since there is a covering just in case it rains. It was a very beautiful ceremony and the couple looked very happy, but I'm not gonna lie, I started to panic when the guest first came. many showed up early and were walking around and I was nervous that someone would try and get into the house or break something. Thankfully that didn't happen, but we kept our eye on the guest to make sure.

     Even though there is a wedding, we still have to operate as a public site and people can still come and tour the house if a wedding is going on. Since the wedding cannot be in the house, we can still do the tour and the wedding can still go on.

     This weekend we don't have a wedding but after we have a wedding every saturday for four weeks if I remember correctly. I'm still continuing on my presentation and powerpoint for my own Lemonade Lecture.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment